LDAP Directory Integration
Integrate DM Fax Server with Microsoft Active Directory or other LDAP-compatible directory services for optimal management of various fax server processes.
What does the DM LDAP/Data Connector allow you to do?
- Connect to Microsoft Active Directory
- Connect to Novell NDS/eDirectory
- Connect to Lotus Domino Directory
- Connect to other common database types, e.g. Microsoft SQL, MS Access, Oracle, etc.
- Automatic fax cover page field population
- Flexible fax cover page assignment – by organization, group, or individual user
- Control user permissions and rights
- Query LDAP directories to obtain automatic inbound/outbound fax routing information
Populate Fax Cover Pages
Retrieve information stored in the directory or database and populate fields on the outbound fax cover page. Common fields include sender name, sender company, sender department, and sender fax number. Any additional information stored in an LDAP-compatible directory that you want to include on the fax cover page can also be retrieved.
Cover Page Assignment
Streamline fax cover page assignment by assigning default fax cover pages to the entire organization, to specific groups, or to individual users. When DM Fax Server processes an outbound fax job, it will detect who originated the fax and automatically adds the correct fax cover page to the job. Default cover pages can be set with a few mouse clicks.
Control User Rights and Permissions
Control user rights and permissions for the entire organization, directory groups, and directory users with a few mouse clicks. Common rights and permissions include:
- Send faxes
- Fax to private recipients
- Allow high priority
- Force high priority
- Cover page selection
- Unauthorized dialing prefixes
Inbound/Outbound Fax Routing
Automatic LDAP directory querying enables automatic fax transmission using specific lines or group of lines, billing code lookup and inclusion, delayed fax transmission, and least cost routing. For automatic inbound fax routing, LDAP lookups can be performed to determine correct destination for inbound faxes – email users, UNC folder, printers, databases, etc.