Does Use it Messaging support automatic inbound fax routing?
Absolutely. Use it Messaging can automatically route inbound faxes to a variety of destinations based on a variety of methods./p>
The following methods may be employed for automatic inbound fax routing.
- DID/DNIS * – This refers to routing inbound faxes based on the number dialed.
- DTMF – Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) requires the sending party to enter an extension number when sending a fax.
- CSID – Call Subscriber ID (CSID) refers to the identification of the sending party’s fax device, e.g. fax machine, fax server, etc.
- CallerID – Unique number of the calling party.
- Line Routing – Refers to the ability to route an inbound fax based on the port or line used to receive the fax.
- Date – The date on which a fax is received.
- Time – Time period during which a fax is received.
- Error – Routing based on a specific error event or error code.
* DID/DNIS routing is the most popular and effective method for automatic inbound fax routing.
The following represent common inbound fax routing destinations supported by Use it Messaging.
- User mailboxes
- Shared mailboxes
- Distribution lists
- Network shares
- Network printers